Netgear routers have often been awarded for their excellence in the durability and the security that the Netgear engineers put in. This is not just a matter of market value, but it also about market standard that this company has created. Netgear Router N300 was recently released to the public. This certain router contains tons of features that don’t only help the average customer, but also help out the professional ones. The router N300 was specifically created to suit the needs of young entrepreneurs that want heavy load capability by day, and light load capability by night. This router N300 also packs a serious punch in the design department as it has been the most loved router in the industry, thanks to Netgear design department for that. However, everyone needs help at least once in their lifetime. For this exact reason, we would be explaining on how to setup the Netgear router N300 in this post! Let’s begin.
- First and foremost, attach the power adapter to the router, and plug it in to the wall socket.
- Next, pick up the Ethernet wire and attach it to the router. Then, pick up the other end of the Ethernet wire and attach it to your ISP’s given modem and let it do its thing.
- After, doing this, turn on your personal computer and then wait for it to load up.
- When the desktop finally boots up, search for the Web Browser.
- When you find the icon, click on it and let it open. It might take a few seconds depending on your computer speed.
- After it opens up, click on the URL bar and input the link – http://routerlogin.net (This website helps you open up the router settings and change them if you desire.
- The website will ask you to run a quick setup. Click Next to proceed forward.
- On next step, the Netgear router N300 will detect the type of network and will ask you to apply the settings automatically.
- Click Apply to apply the settings automatically and let it do its thing.
- After some time when the settings have been applied automatically, it will then proceed to the next page.
- Finally, the Netgear Router N300 will ask for the Wi-Fi name (Wireless name); here you have to enter whatever you wish the Wi-Fi name to be.
- Next step is to click Next button and move forward.
- The Quick Setup Wizard will now ask you whether to set a password for the network or not. Select the option that lets you set the password.
- Now, the Netgear Router N300 Quick Setup will ask you to input the desired password that you want to set.
- Enter the password and click Next.
- Finally, a Finish screen will appear. Wait for the router to finish the settings.
- After this step has been completed, restart the whole computer and the router.
This certain method has been used countless times and this explains why people buy Netgear Router N300 the most. However, if you want to reset the Netgear N300 router, worry no more, just look at the above guide and get started. This guide has been made specifically for people who find all these tech things a bit out of the world. The guide to reset this particular router has been crafted with ease so that everyone can follow it. Let us not waste any more time and get into resetting the Netgear N300 router!
- Firstly, bring the cables together and attach the adapter wire to the wall socket, while attaching the other end to the Netgear N300 router.
- After this, attach the Ethernet wire to the router and the modem provided by the ISP Company.
- When the wires have all been attached, turn on the router by giving the power a go by pressing the power button.
- When everything is set up, power on the computer and open the Web Browser application. Google Chrome is the most preferred one since it works with most of the websites.
- After opening the Web Browser, open the link – http://routerlogin.net
- Next, you will be asked for the login credentials. Fill in the ones that you entered at the beginning of the N300 router setup. (Username: admin, Password: admin)
- After logging in, navigate to the menu item Maintenance.
- When you get across this item, look for a submenu item named Backup Settings.
- After opening that particular submenu item, you’ll come across an option to reset the router.
- Click on the reset button and you’ll be forwarded to the next page.
It will take some time to reset the router. Let it do the work and sit back for at least 5-10 minutes. After this, your router will be reset to its default value. Make sure to secure the router with a stronger password this time. This is all you have to do to reset the Netgear N300 router.