Password of the routers is meant to keep the anonymous users away from accessing the web management interface of the router. The moment, the user hits enter after typing www.routerlogin.net on the address bar of the browser, Netgear router login page appears on the window. The router password is applied on the Netgear router login page in the password field which allows the user to access the web interface of www.routerlogin.net . It is the prominent phrase which keeps the security in all the features and tools of the Netgear Router.
Passwords relatively are of two types
1. Router password – It is the significant password which is applied on the password field of the Netgear router login page. The www.routerlogin.net is also assigned with the default password as “password” which an individual can apply while performing the Netgear Router setup. If in any case, the user wants to change the admin password then also he has to interact with the Netgear router login page to get to the interface of Netgear router installation.
2. Wi-Fi password– This one is the password which usually the user assigns within the Wireless settings of the Wi-Fi password field. The password is basically applied to keep the other users away from accessing the network. The password should be powerful enough to avoid anonymous users from accessing your network.
Steps to change the routerlogin.net / admin password
1. Open up the browser in your device in which the internet is connected.
2. Enter www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 as the web link of the browser.
3. Netgear router login window will prompt you to enter the username as well as the password in their respective fields. Type “admin” as the default username and type “password” as the default password.
4. Basic Home page of routerlogin.net interface will display.
5. Select advanced tab, administration tab and at last Set password tab.
6. Set password page will display on your window.
7. Type your present password on the old password field and the password which now you want to keep in the new password field. Retype your new password in the confirm password field.
8. Click on Apply button to save the change you have made.
Steps to change Wi-Fi password of your routerlogin.net
1. Navigate www.rotuerlogin.net on the address bar of the browser to get to the Netgear router login page of the browser.
2. The system will prompt to type in the login credentials. Enter “admin” as the default username and “password” as the default password.
3. Click on the Login button and the basic home page will get displayed.
4. Select the Wireless tab. The wireless settings page will get displayed in your window.
5. Enter a unique Network name in the SSID field.
6. Type the Wi-Fi password as a security in the password field.
7. Note: It is strongly recommended to constitute the password with all types of characters to make your passphrase stagnant enough.
8. Now, click on the Apply button to save all the change you have made.
Routerlogin.net is not only the web address of the Netgear Routers but is a powerful resource to do the configurations in the device. Whenever any user needs to login to any broadband router, he must be knowing the correct internal IP address of the router. As the IP address of the router also varies according to the model of the router so, it becomes a problem for most of the users to remember the correct IP address to visit Netgear Router login page of the device. Netgear was the first to notice these problems of the user and as a solution to this major problem; they generated a web link www.routerlogin.net which became the key resource to log in to the Netgear Routers.
Netgear provided the users with an alternative of www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com instead of using the IP address of the device. www.routerlogin.net was the huge relax to the Netgear users as it doesn’t only provide the convenience to log in to the Netgear routers but also gives a perfect web link to the Netgear user which is easy to remember and not that much hard to type.
Steps to do www.routerlogin.net setup
1. Connect one end of the Ethernet Cable with the modem and another end to the router.
2. Now, take second Ethernet Cable and connect its one end to the system and another end to the router
3. Now, turn on your system and launch a browser in it.
4. Type www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 as the address bar of the browser.
5. If you are setting up your router first time, the interface of Netgear will automatically take you to the dashboard of the www.routerlogin.net setup.
6. System will ask you for the manual setup or the Smart Wizard Setup.
7. Click on Yes to allow the System to identify the type of connection within the device.
8. Click on Next to continue.
9. Now attempt Wireless settings by assigning a unique Network Name and a strengthful Wi-Fi password on the router.
10. Choose the security type you want to assign to your Netgear router.
11. Click on Next to continue and at last assign a router password to the interface of www.routerlogin.net
12. Click on Apply to save your settings and reboot your router to compete the www.rotuerlogin.net setup process.
How to perform www.routerlogin.net login?
1. Open up the browser on the device or system connected to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Type www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 as the URL of the browser.
3. Netgear Router login page will display on your desktop screen. Type “admin” as the default username on the username field and if you haven’t set up your router password then type “password” as the default password on the password field..
4. Click on the login button and you will successfully get entered into the web interface of www.routerlogi.net
Routerlogin.net admin password can be recovered or accessed from the web interface, only if the user has enabled the password recovery option within the Netgear routers. Traditional routers of Netgear were not configured with this ability to recover the password, as at that time if the user forgets his password then the only option he is left out with is to restore the default settings into the www.routerlogin.net device. The user has to set it up through the password settings of the web interface of routerlogin.net.
To access www.routerlogin.net password, in the first place the user has to enable the password recovery option through the web interface of www.routerlogin.net then he will able to recover the password of Netgear.
Steps to access www.routerlogin.net admin password
1. Open up the browser in your device connected to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Type www.routerlogin.net as the URL of the browser. If in any case you are not able to connect to the Netgear Router login page, you also can use 192.168.1.1 as the address bar of the browser.
3. Now, click on Cancel button of the Netgear Router login window.
4. If the user has enabled the password recovery then the system will prompt the user to enter the serial number of the device.
5. Click on the continue button.
6. A window will appear displaying the two security questions.
7. Now, type down the answers which you have saved as the answer to the security questions.
8. Click on continue button.
9. The screen will display the user with the recovered password.
10. Click on Login again button to login to your router with the recovered password.
IP address of the router
LAN IP address basically constitutes of numerical digits which the device uses to communicate over the network. In routers, IP address of the device is commonly used as a web link to reach the default gateway of the router. As every different model of the router contains different IP address which makes it hard for the users to access it. The users can also access the IP address from the routerlogin.net interface which will be displayed below the router information inside the advanced tab. An individual should remember his router password as he has to use it on the Netgear router login page of the device.
Steps to access the IP address of the routerlogin.net
1. Open up the browser in your computer or laptop connected to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Type www.routerloign.net or 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of the web browser.
3. Netgear router login window will appear on the screen.
4. Enter the username as “admin” and “password” the password of the router, only if you haven’t changed the password yet. Both the credentials will be case-sensitive.
5. Basic Home window of routerlogin.net will appear on the screen.
6. Locate advanced tab and select it.
7. The LAN IP address of the router will be displayed under the router information.
Why my www.routerlogin.net or routerlogin.net not working?
This issue of not being able to access the www.routerlogin.net and routerlogin.net web address doesn’t occur frequently. Still, if your routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.net web address doesn’t respond properly, what you can do is just try to access the admin setup portal of the Netgear router through its preset default IP address which is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
It is most likely that you will get the access to your Netgear admin page through either of the two web addresses; however, if you are still facing any kind of issue with your device login, get your Netgear wireless router reset to its original factory settings.
Here in this part, let us show how you can easily reset your Netgear wireless router. The Netgear wireless router can be reset through one of the two available methods listed below.
. Reset through the reset button
. Reset through the web interface accessed via routerlogin.net
Reset via the reset button
1. This is the most convenient method of getting your Netgear wireless router back to its original state within seconds.
2. Just make sure that the power supply to the router is on and the device is stable; now insert a pinpointed object like a needle or paper clip deep into the pinhole of the router.
3. Push and hold the reset button pushed for at least 10 seconds until the router takes a power cycle and all the settings will be erased with that reboot of the router.
Important– The Netgear wifi router will be required to configure again so that it can be made usable again for networking and internet purposes. Also, it is not advised to reset the networking device frequently as it can harm the firmware of the router.
How can I login Netgear wireless router?
The Netgear wireless router can be logged in through the custom web address www.routerlogin.net provided by Netgear and through the default IP 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. For successful login to the Netgear wireless router, the users are required to authorize their login with a username and password which are “admin” and “password” respectively by default.
How to configure a Netgear router for an Internet connection?
The Netgear router can only be configured and used for the internet connection by adding the modem device to the router. Some of the high-end router models from Netgear have an inbuilt modem in it.
Let us show how you can easily get your Netgear router configured for internet connection
• Connect the modem to the Internet port of the router with the Ethernet cable and similarly connect the computer system to one of the LAN port of the router with another Ethernet cable.
• Now switch on the power supply of the router and the modem and wait for few seconds till the device gets stable.
• Open the web browser and enter the web address www.routerlogin.net or the default local IP 192.168.1.1/192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
• Authorize the router login page with a username and password which is “admin” and “password” by default.
• Both these login credentials are case sensitive, so be careful while entering the same.
• Once you have accessed the routerlogin.net web setup page, click the Internet settings tab and then select the correct connection type i.e. PPPoE. PPPoE is the point to point protocol over Ethernet connection.
• The next window will ask for the username and password which is required for setting up the internet connection. This username and password will be provided by your internet service providers.
• Now, click the save and apply changes tab and tap the reboot now tab to make all the recently done changes effective on the router.
In this way, your Netgear router will be configured for a successful and high-speed internet connection wirelessly as well as over the wired connection.