Belkin(How to Install Belkin Router) is active in the areas of network, home automation, entertainment, power and entertainment. We limit ourselves on this page only to the Belkin routers. With or without WLAN, they can be found in many households. You have a Belkin router and but don’t know how to install and configure it? Don’t worry; we are here to guide you through the best possible way.
The Belkin wireless modem router(How to Install Belkin Router) is equipped with a new smart antenna technology called MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output; many inputs, many outputs). N1 MIMO complies with the specifications of the draft IEEE standard n. This technology increases the speed, coverage area, reliability and maximum throughput for the channel for wireless network communication systems. From conventional radio, the Belkin N1 MIMO technology distinguishes between the use of multiple antennas and two simultaneous wireless data streams that carry information about the home or office. In conventional radio, one antenna is used to transmit data streams.
Belkin’s N1 MIMO technology employs three antennas. Such a system helps to combat distortions and interference. Belkin’s N1 MIMO technology is multidimensional. It is based on the single-channel intelligent antenna technology, which transmits two data streams on one channel at once, which improves wireless performance. In this article we will talk about the Belkin router, manufactured by the American corporation Belkin International, Inc. The peculiarity of this manufacturer is close cooperation with the world famous Apple Corporation, many Belkin network devices are compatible with both “apple” products and personal computers. Belkin N-1 Vision was no exception.
How to Install Belkin Router?
In the configuration of the router, there is a CD with a program aimed at helping in the initial configuration of the device. We connect the router to the computer according to the scheme enclosed in the instruction. Here everything is standard – we attach one end to the network card of the computer, the second end in any LAN port of the router, attached with the patch cord. Turn on the device and the computer. Next, open any web browser, and go to the settings of the router at 192.168.2.1.
Of course, without a password, the router will not be allowed into its settings. But there is no password in the factory settings if the router has never been configured before – leave the field blank. But the first time you enter the settings, you must enter a password! This will be discussed later. Click “Submit”, and before it opens the built-in settings menu.
Step By Step Guide to Configure the Belkin router
- In the browser window (Internet Explorer / Firefox / Opera) in the address bar, enter 192.168.2.1
- In the authorization window, leave the “password” field empty and click “submit”
- The web-interface of the router will open. Go to “Internet WAN” -> “Connection type
- Choose the type of connection “PPPoE”
- Fill in the “Username” and “Password” fields in accordance with the agreement
- Click the “Apply changes” button to apply and save the settings
They want to access Broadway over the Internet to remotely watch their home TV programs. How must a BELKIN router be configured for this? A port share must be set up in the router. In addition, the router must be set so that the Internet connection is kept permanently.
Wireless Security with Belkin Router
- Next, configure the protection of the Wi-Fi network in the form of setting a password to connect to it. Go to the submenu “Security”.
- Choose the type of encryption; the most recommended is WPA / WPA2 PSK. In the field “Password” we enter our password, which should not be shorter than eight characters. Click “Apply Changes”.
Set up Wi-Fi
- Next, configure the wireless Wi-Fi network. Go to the “Wireless” menu.
- In the first sub-menu, assign a channel (it is better to leave it on the car), set the name of the wireless network (SSID), the mode of operation (20 or 40 MHz), and whether to enable the QoS service.
- The network name, as well as the password, must consist of the English alphabet and numbers.
How to update password for the Belkin Router?
- The first step is to set the administrator password required to enter this menu. Go to the menu “Utilities”, then the submenu “System settings”.
- At the top of the window, in the “Type is current Password” field, we write the current password (or leave the field empty if it is not), and in the next two fields write our new password. You can also specify the time after which the configuration session closes automatically (in minutes) in the “Login Timeout” field.
Determine the local IP address of Broadway
- First, find the local IP address of Broadway:
- Open an Internet browser on a client (PC, Mac, tablet, or Smartphone) connected to the same router as your Broadway, which is the local network.
- Type http://distan.tv in the address bar of the browser and you will be taken to the main Broadway menu.
- Click on the question mark or, in the case of newer firmware versions, on the round, blue button with the ‘i’ in the upper right corner of the window. You get to the info page:
- Record the local IP address of the Broadway box (red arrow).
- Create port shares
- To perform a port release, you must first connect to the BELKIN router:
- On the computer that is connected to the router, open an Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari …) and enter the IP address of the router (default: 192.168.2.1) in the address bar.
- If you have not added a password to the router, you can now simply click on “Login” in the upper right corner and confirm the request.
- Now click on “Virtual Servers” in the menu on the justify side.
Now you can release port 80. This could look like this:
- Put the check mark at “Enable”.
- At “Description” enter ‘Broadway 80’.
- In “Inbound port” enter an 80 in both fields.
- Set “BOTH” for “Type”.
- For “Private IP address”, enter the IP address of Broadway that you noted.
- In “Private port” enters an 80 again in both fields.
- Click on “Apply” to save the settings.
The bookmark will later remotely access your Broadway box at home.
- Connect the mobile device you want to access later to Broadway to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Open an Internet browser on the mobile device.
- Go to http://distan.tv to get to the main Broadway menu.
- Select the question mark or, in the case of newer firmware versions, the round, blue button with the ‘i’ in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click the “Create favorite page” button to bookmark.
How to change a Belkin switch in AP mode?
- Connect a PC to the Belkin Router and dispatch an internet browser.
- Go to the switch setup page via 192.168.2.1
- You are requested to enter a username and secret key. Enter the default login certifications: User: administrator, Password: leave the field clear
- Users should enter the manager secret word you made at the establishment. Tap on Let me in! to proceed. In the event that you have not set an individual secret word, you should attempt to sign in.
- Go to Wireless and select Access Point
- Click Enable and Apply Changes.
Introduce a Belkin Router or modem on a Sky Broadband association
Introduce a Belkin switch at your Sky Broadband administration to make a remote system at home or in the workplace. This router spread the Internet from your ISP with the goal that Wi-Fi gadgets can interface remotely to a system. Despite the fact that switches may appear to be perplexing, the establishment procedure is entirely basic and should be possible in minutes. Belkin switches are preconfigured with the goal that they can start sending a remote flag when the complete network is built up.
- Connect the Ethernet link to the “Web” organize port on the information board of the Sky Modem.
- Interface the opposite side of the link into the “Web” port of the modem. Detach the power supply from the modem.
- Reconnect the power supply to the modem to reset the equipment and build up an association with the switch.
- Embed the switch control link into the port on the back of the Belkin switch and connect the opposite end to a close-by electrical plug.
- Embed the product CD that accompanied the switch into your PC’s plate drive and associate your PC to one of the switch’s LAN ports utilizing an Ethernet link.
- Select “Next” in the setting wizard that shows up. Make a remote name for the switch and a remote secret word to join the switch arrange.
- Click on “Apply” button to spare the progressions and finish the establishment of the switch.