Connecting the router
Before you start setting up a Wi-Fi router TP-Link, the equipment must be properly connected to your computer. This process is quite simple. In order to connect the router TP-Link, you need to connect your Internet cable to the LAN port (blue), and the wire that comes with the router at one end connects to any port numbered (orange), and the other to your computer.
Configuring Internet connection settings
As a matter of course, the TP-Link router is arranged, the Internet ought to procure naturally. In the event that this does not occur, in the web interface of the switch at the base, select “System”, at that point “WAN”. Watch that every one of the fields of the opened window concur
- To save the settings, click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Configure your home network settings
- In the primary setup menu, select “System”, at that point “Neighborhood arrange”.
- All fields must be filled, as in the photo underneath:
- To spare the settings, tap the Save catch at the base of the page.
- Select “DHCP”, at that point “DHCP Setup”. Check that the DHCP server is empowered:
- To spare the settings, tap the Save button at the base of the page.
Configuring the Router
- The configuration process is somewhat more complicated, although it does not require any special skills from the user. Before its beginning, it is necessary to clarify a couple of nuances.
- In the event that you have already connected to the Network with any high-speed connection, you need to disconnect from it. You do not have to connect to the Internet in manual mode since this function will be taken by the router itself. Its task is to connect to the network and distribute it via a wireless protocol.
- If you did not have a connection to the Network, they used it using a local network or an ADSL modem, then this procedure is not required.
- After defining this, open your browser and go to tplinklogin.net or 192.168.0.1. The screen should show two fields, in which you will have to enter your login and password. By default, they are assigned as admin and admin. This information is also indicated on the back of the router.
- If you entered the correct name and password, you will be taken to the main router configuration page. It is here that all actions are performed.
IPTV Port Setup
These settings must be done in case you have connected QWERTY.TV service and set the STB AmiNET decoder / QWERTY Media Center.
- Select “Network”, then “IPTV”. IGMP Proxy should be enabled, and in mode, you need to put “Bridge”.
- Next, you need to select the LAN port into which the TV set-top box (decoder) will be switched.
- The figure below shows the correct setting, provided that the set-top box is included in the fourth port of the router.
- Now save the setting
Organization of connection security
After setting up a TP-link router, it is also important to ensure the security of your connection. Initially, your Wi-Fi connection does not have a password and any device can connect to it. In some cases, this is acceptable, but the password that restricts access is more often set.
To do this, you need to go to the “Wireless connection” menu (all on the same page at tplinklogin.net or 192.168.0.1). Here you can set the name of your connection. This is necessary so that you can easily determine your channel and, if necessary, connect to it. In the title, you cannot use the Cyrillic alphabet, only Latin letters, and numbers of any register.
In order to directly protect your channel and set a password, go to the “Wireless Security Protection” menu. After selecting the WPA Personal option, enter the desired set of letters and numbers (at least 8 characters) in the Password PSK field. Be careful with the register, as it is considered when connecting. This ends the process of security organization: your Wi-Fi channel will be protected by the password set by you and will be available only to those approved by you.
If in addition to the Internet you are interested in setting up IP-TV, then the same page on setting up the router will help you. This is done quite simply. Go to the menu “Network – IPTV”. And in the “IPTV Port” field, select the port to which the television is connected. Thus, the installation and configuration of the WI-FI router TP-Link using this manual is a fairly simple procedure that provides you with wireless Internet and IP-TV.