Setup CD is extremely useful in order to set up your Linksys switch yet regardless you have not got the CD of your Linksys switch, you can in any case easily perform installation and configuration of your router. Here, we provide you guide to configure your router without utilizing CD here is a decent case of setting up the Linksys switch without utilizing CD.
You get a CD with the Linksys switches each time you buy a Linksys switch from the market. You would like to setup the Linksys switches utilizing this CD. Regardless you lost that CD; here we are giving the means you have to take after. Above all else, you should download the required programming for the Linksys switch you are utilizing. You can discover the product for the Linksys switch from the official sites of the Linksys switches.
How to Setup Linksys Router without CD?
- Tap on the “Download” areas.
- Tap on the “Download Software”.
- Here you should enter the equipment rendition of the switch you are utilizing.
- At that point find the product for the model number you have entered here.
- Spare the setup programming for your Linksys switch at the coveted area.
- In the wake of downloading the record, basically, tap on the Linksys Setup Connect document alternative.
- Essentially tick stamp for the alternative regrinding the permit.
- Tap on the Next alternative.
- The procedure will naturally create the Router Name and the Password.
- Tap on the Next alternative.
- A screen will show up which will require the record name and the secret key for the DSL.
- Basically, tap on the Next choice for the screen you will see.
Introduction to configuring a Wi-Fi router
In this tutorial you will learn how to transform a wired internet connection in a Wi-Fi connection (that is to say wireless) using a Wi-Fi router. Our example is based on a Linksys router, but the procedure remains the same with other hardware, only the installation and configuration of the router varies.
To do this we will follow step by step three major steps:
the installation and configuration of the router
- the installation of a Wi-Fi adapter on the PC
- the configuration of the wireless connection in Windows XP
- Serious things will start. But do not panic nothing complicated. As it is asked disconnect from your computer the part of the Ethernet cable (or USB) which connects it to the modem then click Next
- Connect the cable you just disconnected to the internet port of the router shown on the sketch and click on next
- Connect the Ethernet cable supplied with the modem to the Ethernet port of your PC and click on Next
- Connect the other end of the cable to one of the ports numbered 1-4 on the router. Do not be surprised at this connection because it is only temporary: your router is a wireless router. Simply installation and configuration must be wired, that is to say while the router is connected to the PC by a cable. This will be removed later. Click Next as soon as you are ready:
- Then connect the power supply of the router and click Next
- Check that the LEDs on the router are on. There should be no problem at this point but if necessary click Check instructions. If all well click on Next
- The wizard then analyzes your computer to check the settings. Your firewall should normally display an alert message because the program is attempting to connect to the internet. He, of course, accept this connection
- You are then asked for a password. The window already contains a default password that is the admin. We strongly advise you to replace it with a personal password that you will note immediately to remember. This password will be required when you want to configure your router. Enter a password and click on Enter
- At the end of the PC scan, he is asked to confirm your connection type. The choice proposed in my case is correct so I do not touch anything. Only change the option if you are certain of what you are doing. If your connection is static IP type provides information given by your ISP to complete the fields of the window. Then click Next
- Then you must enter the password again. Complete both fields and click Next
Starts the automatic configuration of the router:
- In the next step you are proposed to use the SecureEasySetup technology developed by Linksys. Just be aware that to be used, this technology requires that your Wi-Fi adapter to be connected (later) to your PC must be compatible (this information is on the hardware package). Personally, we do not use it. If you want to do otherwise click Use SecureEasySetup, otherwise click Ignore
- You must then define the SSID and the channel used. The SSID is the name of your wireless network. Remember the name you assign because it will be used to set up your wireless connection when you disconnect the Ethernet cable.
- Choose one of the suggested channels and click Next :
- On the next screen you need to specify the desired protection scheme for your network. By default the Disable option is selected. Unless you want the entire neighborhood to connect to the internet through your router we do not recommend leaving this option.
- Before choosing a protection system checks that your Wi-Fi adapter (internal card or USB dongle) are compatible with the standard. If possible, choose the WPA standard rather than WEP. Then enter an encryption key. Especially note it precisely because you will have to provide it when configuring the wireless network in Windows. The longer your key is, the harder it will be to decipher by any malicious individual. When you are ready click Next:
- In the next window you have to validate the parameters you have entered. Since we’ve already done a configuration of our router it may be that this window is slightly different at home. You can print the information by clicking Print Settings or save it to a text file (with the .txt extension) by clicking Save Settings.
- Click “Yes” to continue.