Netgear routers are top rated, fastest and come with unique designs and innovative technology that suits the need of every type of home networking needs. Netgear routers have the vast range of speed and are one of the rapid speed providing routers. They have diverse functions that fulfill the needs on the Internet, music, video, streaming, games, etc.
Nighthawk X6S R8000P: A Router for Multi-Device Homes
The X6S R8000P is a good choice for home networks with many wireless devices. They offer the fastest WiFi speed up to 4Gbps and are powered by a powerful 64-bit, dual core 1.8GHz processor with three offload processors.
It has three individual radio bands that allow you to reduce network traffic and interference due to overcrowding on the widely used 2.4GHz band. Diverse functions include plenty of configuration settings, third-party parental controls that allow you to keep your network free from unwanted websites and adult-oriented content.
Requirements for installing and setting up Nighthawk X6S R8000P
- Internet connection
- Extra Ethernet cable which is optional
- Computer, phone or tablet
- Know your internet connection type
Nighthawk X6S R8000P Setup
To set up Netgear, one must follow following steps:
- First, connect the modem with your Netgear router using WAN Ethernet cable. To follow this , make sure you connect Ethernet cable from modem
- Now, connect your computer to the router from the first Lan port using extra Ethernet cable
- Restart all your devices (router, computer and modem)
- Let them boot for 2 minutes.
- Open any internet browser like Chrome, Firefox or Internet explorer and Type routerlogin.net to follow the login steps.
- Once you are logged into Netgear router setup page, go to “Setup Wizard” and try to detect your internet connection from the options available.
- Click ‘yes’ and then click ‘next’
- From here, Netgear will automatically guide you about setting up Netgear router along with cable modem.
- Follow the given onscreen instructions to setup network name and password.
Note: if the Netgear router is unable to detect Modem, it is advisable to restart all your devices along with modem and try again.
You can sect an option of “off” or “on” on your guest network and lock your router setup page to prevent unauthorized access to it.
How to login into your Netgear router?
To log in to your router:
- Go to the web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Type routerlogin.net as your default gateway. You can also type router’s IP address http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
- A login window opens.
- Enter the router user name and password.
- The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
- The BASIC Home screen page displays.
Netgear router password: it helps to prevent an access and changing of the setting of your router. To do this, you need to lock the router settings and prevent anyone to access your Netgear router dashboard. The Netgear router security has nothing to do with the Netgear wireless network security.
Netgear Wireless network password: it protects anyone from outside to get internet connectivity from your router. This password helps you to access the internet bit doesn’t give an access to the network router administrative settings. You need to secure your Netgear wireless network first. This can be done by following these steps:
- Connect your computer to the Netgear router using cable.
- Launch your internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 to login to Netgear Dashboard
- You can also try routerlogin.net to access Netgear router console
- Select and Type the default username as admin and password as password
To access your router setup page, you have to type username and password.
- Once you are logged into the Netgear router, go to wireless settings under Setup
- Type the SSID network name if you want to change it or leave it Default(optional)
- Go to the Security Options and select WPA2-PSK(AES) as your Security Encryption Type
- There will Passphrase below the Security Encryption , enter a secure and complex password
- Finally save the settings and restart the router and computer
The NETGEAR Nighthawk App makes it very convenient to set up your router and get more use of your WiFi. With the app, installation of your router can be done in few steps
- You need to connect your mobile device to the router network and the app guides you with the rest.
- After the set up, you can make use of the intuitive dashboard to
- run a quick Internet speed test,
- pause Internet on your connected devices,
- Setup smart parental controls and much more.