Netgear firmware Update
In this new era of technological warfare, attackers have taken up the front seats. The constant spread of computer viruses has made security a luxury. This is why updating the routers is extremely important since it is our gateway to the global network called internet. Failing to update one’s router system can result in horrid circumstances where one’s computer can get filled with extremely dangerous viruses. Netgear is one of the best router companies out there that protects its customers from various computer destroying programs. The long and uninterrupted support has proven that a good company doesn’t need big amounts of money to help the customers. For this same reason, we’ll be showing you how to update the Netgear router without any hassle.
Steps to upgrade one’s Netgear Router -:
- Open your web browser (eg. Google Chrome) and open the following website:
- Upon opening, the website will ask for a username and a password. Fill in the same details you entered while setting up the router the first time. Many times the username and password is either of the following:
- After getting past the login page, you will be greeted with the settings of the router. Be cautious not to change anything you don’t know about, else you will end up breaking the software of your router.
- Click the Advanced tab on the top left side of your page to proceed to the advanced settings.
- Click the Administration option from the sub menu to open up the firmware settings.
- At this point you might get the login page again. Do not worry; it is just a safety feature to keep the hackers away from accessing the settings of your Netgear Router. Once you enter the login details again, you will be greeted with additional settings to access the firmware options.
Good Job! You have successfully completed the hard part of upgrading your Netgear Router Firmware. Now, further ahead, everything is as easy as kicking the fur ball off the porch.
- Now, Click the Check button to check for the “latest Netgear Router firmware” available on the internet. This option will check the Netgear servers to find out whether the updation files are available.
- Click the Update button to start the process of updating your router! Now, all you have to do is wait for the Netgear router to check the servers. If there is any update available, the router will push the update files into the router and make everything more secure.
- Once it completes the upgradation of your router, it will tell you so that the process has been completed.
- Once you get this message, kindly turn off your router and turn it on again for the process to fully complete. The same goes for your computer, or your mobile phone, in case you are using that.
Q. I can’t access my routerlogin.net page, help!
A. It means that you are not connected to your internet. To get around this problem, Open the above website:
Q. My web browser says it is dangerous to open this website!
A. Don’t worry about this. It is just a false positive being detected. Just click “Allow anyway” to get past this.
Q. I still can’t access my Netgear router!
A. Your Netgear router might not even be connected to your device. Check your Wi-Fi connection and try again. In case your device is connected via Ethernet wire, make sure the wire is connected in the right fashion to both, the router and the computer.
Q. The Netgear Router is taking too long to respond.
A. Don’t worry! Since Netgear routers are highly advanced in terms of security and data, it is bound to take some time. In case it exceeds an hour, restart the router and try again.
Q. The Netgear router website gives only a white page and nothing else!
A. If the white page persists, the problem is either in your connection, or your computer/device. Clear the cookies and try opening in a new browser.
Q. Will my pc get rid of all the viruses now?
A. The firmware upgrade will definitely help securing the computer of all the viruses, but if there are viruses already sitting in your system, you will need expert help to get rid of it. It is advised you do it as soon as possible to avoid the virus from harming your computer.
Q. The browser keeps crashing whenever I open the settings page. What do I do?
A. This usually means that there is a virus stopping you from fixing your router. It is advised that you call an expert as soon as possible to avoid the harm being done to your computer.
With this, you have successfully upgraded the firmware of your router. This will not only prevent more viruses from entering your computer, but also protect the existing viruses from connecting to other hackers. You can now browse internet without worrying about viruses invading your personal computer!